Understanding how different venture capital funds operate is unnecessarily difficult for founders. We know because we've been on the other side and had to ask the same questions. In an effort to be more transparent and open, we're sharing the qualitative and quantitative data around how we invest, operate, and hold ourselves accountable.
- Golden Ventures is a seed-stage and sector agnostic venture capital fund
- We are headquartered in Toronto and invest throughout North America
- We are currently investing out of Fund IV, a $100M USD Fund
- We are targeting 20-25 core investments out of our current fund
- A portion of the fund is allocated towards angel investments in companies that may not meet our core investment criteria but where we have a strong belief in the founders and the opportunity.
- We target initial commitments of $500K - $2M for between 7-15% of a company, and we reserve capital to follow on into companies based on progress.
- We are comfortable leading, co-leading, or participating in rounds
- Get to know us:
- We are motivated to move quickly and maintain transparency during the pre-investment process
- How we promote D&I internally and externally
- Our D&I Data
- To support our portfolio companies, we focus on the initiatives we believe have the greatest overall impact: talent, down-stream capital, and support with company building
Fund Overview and Strategy
Working With Us
We understand that founders and their teams are the driving force behind the transformational companies we have the privilege to partner with. We spend a lot of time thinking about how best to support our portfolio, and have developed programs with that in mind.
To learn more about our platform, take a look at our Post-Investment page.